DIY tools are indispensable for any professional or DIY enthusiast. To carry out small repairs or to assemble new furnishing elements, it is always advisable to have your own DIY tools at your disposal, at home toolbox or in the garage.
Therefore, you need to carefully select your tools – based on the type of work you do most frequently – to always have the most versatile and functional DIY tools available.
But what are the tools to own? Here are some tips that will certainly be useful for you to make an accurate selection.
DIY tools: the solution at your fingertips
Whether you are a professional or not, it doesn’t matter; having a customized DIY tool kit is always a good choice, both in terms of practicality and in terms of cost savings.
Carrying out small repairs in a completely autonomous way, performing the assembly of furniture or even furnishing elements – such as simple shelves – allows you to considerably save the costs of intervention by a specialized technician and, perhaps, to increase their skills in the art of DIY.
You learn by making mistakes, so don’t be afraid: with the best tool kit for home use you will have a real ally to carry out small DIY operations in the best possible way.
So, what are the essential tools for DIY that every professional or enthusiast must always have at his disposal? Certainly, a toolbox, created to suit your needs. This small but useful tool, in fact, contains the most versatile and small-sized DIY tools, arranged inside in a functional and orderly way.
It is therefore essential to always have the classic fastening elements available – such as nails, screws or bolts – insulating tape, pliers and a set of screwdrivers to perform any type of operation quickly and easily.
Manual DIY tools: which are the essential ones?
A complete do-it-yourself equipment cannot really be defined as such if you do not include DIY tools for manual use. Their correct method of use certainly requires a certain manual skill in using these tools in the right way but, being safe and ergonomic, they lend themselves to a variety of tasks.
In fact, they can be used, without any problem, even in the absence of electricity and in any place – both outdoors and indoors. Among the indispensable manual tools for DIY are:
- Screwdriver set:flat and cross head, small or medium size. Useful for screwing or unscrewing different types of screws, they are among the most functional manual DIY tools;
- Set of pliers:also, in this case, two or three pliers of various sizes are indispensable, both for firmly grasping elements, and for cutting wires. Get the water pump pliers, wire cutters, and wire strippers;
- Hammer:the hammer is used to drive nails. Choose a hammer with a nail puller side to remove nails driven into the wall. If you can, two hammers come in handy: one for light work and one for heavy DIY;
- Cutter, or cutter, with retractable trapezoidal blade:this is a really useful DIY tool, as it allows you to make extremely precise cuts on various materials;
- Hacksaws:for ferrous and woody materials, with blades of different widths and sizes. These DIY tools are extremely useful both at home and, for example, in the garden.
- Scissors:the scissors are sometimes easier to use than the knife to make cuts. Choose a model suitable for the size of your hand.
- Adjustable wrench:the adjustable wrench offers the ability to unscrew bolts of various sizes in no time.
- The tape measure:for precise results and flawless finishes, the tape measure helps you take measurements and mark the points to be drilled.
- The spirit level:composed of measuring graduations, a fluorescent liquid and a bubble, the spirit level acts as a ruler to check the alignment of a shelf before drilling and fixing.
Power tools: practical and technological DIY tools
Power tools, on the other hand, are sophisticated and multifunctional DIY tools – electric or battery powered – that combine the most innovative technologies with practicality of use. With these particular DIY tools, it is possible to considerably reduce working times – even for the most complex tasks – by reducing physical effort and ensuring impeccable precision. Among the essential do-it-yourself power tools are:
- Electric drill:essential for making precise and effortless holes. Available on the market both with motor and battery, this is an indispensable DIY tool as it allows you to drill wood, masonry or metal;
- Electric screwdriver:if you do not want to spend hours and hours screwing any nail, and your electric drill does not include the screwdriver function, you can consider purchasing a screwdriver, which will simplify and make your DIY much easier;
- Jigsaw:if you want to make a cut, but you don’t need particular precision, you can opt for this tool, which, depending on the model, will allow you to cut both wood and iron of different thicknesses.
Currently, DIY equipment is available on the market in a wide variety of variations, both manual and electric or battery operated. Selecting the do-it-yourself tools that best suit your needs is essential since only by having the best products can you perform various operations – more or less simple – in complete autonomy and safety.