The Global Talent Independent program (GTI), also known as the Global Talent Visa (GTV) Program, is a streamlined visa path for highly skilled professionals to work & live permanently in Australia. The Global Independent program is an opportunity for people with exceptional qualities to apply for a visa in Australia.
The country is after the best and brightest global talents to work in 10 future-focused sectors. The program is designed to help grow the nation’s innovation and tech economies. Hence, supporting the Australians by transferring skills, promoting innovation, and creating jobs.
Every government wants the best talents to come to their nation, for that they have many schemes. The Australian government is looking for talent from different sectors to come to their country to study/work. If you have any exceptional talent in the preferred sector, you can apply for the program.
People interested in this program should submit an EOI, i.e., Expression of Interest with the Department of Home Affairs, to be invited to apply for the visa. A successful candidate will receive a unique identifier & be invited to apply for a Global Talent visa.
The 10 sectors in which the Australian government requires talents are:
- Agri-food and AgTech
- Health industry
- Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and space
- Infrastructure and tourism
- Circular money
- Financial Services and Fintech
The government is looking to target specific student cohorts with research that is internationally recognized & relevant to those targeted sectors, including those who have recently (in the last three years) completed a PhD or (or are about to submit their thesis).
Your eligibility check:
To be eligible for this program, a candidate must:
Fit under one of the ten targeted sectors outlined above, and
have an “internationally recognized record of exceptional and outstanding achievement.”
To attract a salary equivalent to the (FWHIT) Fair Work High Income Threshold, currently AUD 153 600.
Should have completed their PhD in the past three years (or nearing completion of their thesis with an expected submission date of six months or less).
What are the talents they are looking for?
You will be attractive in the government’s eyes if you have the following talents.
- International recognition record of exceptional & outstanding achievements.
- Being prominent in your chosen field of expertise.
- Would be an asset to the Australian community.
- Would have absolutely no difficulty obtaining employment or becoming an entrepreneur/establish independently in Australia in your area of talent.
- Have an individual or organization in Australia with a national reputation in the same field (you opted for) who can attest to your record of achievements.
- Have a current or potential income of AUD 153,300.
- Meet onshore qualifying visa requirements, including schedule 3(if applicable)
- Your application has been made concerning one of the following target sectors or a related sector of the main listed 10.
How to apply for the Global Independent program?
There are three steps to get one of the 15,000 positions under the GTI for priority processing:
1.The unique identifier & code issued by the department
3.The visa application itself
If you have these talents and fulfill the criteria mentioned above, you can apply for the visa through the Home Affairs website. Make sure you have all the documents/certificates ready to submit and have completed your education as well. You can visit the official website of Home Affairs or Global Talent Visa
for more information.