Salesforce is a globally recognized Customer Relationship Management software. Apart from its astonishing features, Salesforce is also loved by enterprises due to its seasonal updates. As a part of its commitment to continuous innovation, Salesforce rolls out hundreds of innovative features, thrice a year with seasonal updates – Spring, Summer, and Winter. These updates are automatic. This means customers have to accept these.
Since these updates can have major implications, they cannot be trusted without testing. Manually testing Salesforce thrice a year can be very time-consuming and costly. Moreover, business risks due to inadequate testing cannot be overlooked. To address these challenges a lot of organizations are looking to start with Salesforce testing automation.
The use of the Salesforce test automation replaces erroneous and inaccurate manual testing, ensuring that testing processes can be executed within timelines and budgets.
Since finding the right test Salesforce testing tool can be a daunting task, we’re powering you with a list of features that you should look for in a Salesforce testing tool.
Here is the list of features of Salesforce testing automation tools. Let’s have a look at them.
- Easy to use: Opt for a Salesforce testing platform that can easily be used by business users. Business users aren’t programmers but are the ones who use Salesforce for their day-to-day tasks. So, code-based testing platforms are not going to work. With zero-code test automation platforms like Opkey, you allow business users to create and execute test cases without requiring programming knowledge.
- Conducts tests for the whole Salesforce ecosystem: It is difficult to conduct the tests for the Salesforce ecosystem manually. There are different third-party applications involved in the business workflow. Having the testing automation toolswith support for end-to-end testing will make Salesforce testing quite easy for the business. By conducting end-to-end testing business leaders get to know whether everything is falling in the right situation or not.
- Improves the velocity of every release cycle:If the business wants to improve its release cycle in the market, there is a need to use the Salesforce automation tools so that continuous testing can be incorporated into the development cycle for quicker feedback and rapid release.
- Help in identifying the impact of change: When we apply manual testing approaches, regression suites are decided as per experience or guesses. Test engineers execute those regressions which they find relevant. This eventually exposes your business to unnecessary risks. Opt for a Salesforce testing platform that recommends regressions based on the impacted areas and highlighted risks. This also addresses the challenges related to over-testing and under-testing as test engineers only have to test the impacted areas.
- Self-healing: Salesforce comes with dynamic elements. Even a slight change in the UI can lead to the breaking of test automation scripts. Opt for a test automation platform that autonomously identifies changes in the dynamic locators and heals the scripts without requiring human intervention with its self-healing capabilities.
To get the best Salesforce automation tool for your company, you need the above-mentioned traits. With this, you’ll surely get the best returns.