Shifting into a new space is both exhausting and exhilarating. Have you ever wondered that your new home can be an existing home for a lot of pests? You may have one question in your mind – What would pests be doing in an empty household space without food and water?
Many of us get into a wrong conclusion that there would not be any pests in the empty home. Well, vacant homes can be a perfect hideout to many pests that can live on wood, water, and other insects. Pests love empty homes. After all, they can move around without any restrictions because they become the house’s ultimate owners.
This free movement of pests can tamper with your entry into the new home. However, they will be happy because they can get better food because of you. Your entry will increase their infestation and number. Dealing with pests is not easy when you get into a new home.
You will have a lot of shifting and arrangement at your new space, which already belongs to the pests. In this process, household pest control gets completely ignored. If you are worried that it is hard to deal with pests, here are some best natural pest control ideas that could be a saviour to you. Before you run your eye on the ideas here, get to know the most common pests that you could be dealing with at your new home.
Common Pests You Can Find In Your New Home:
- Roaches – Roaches are the most common pests that you would not miss to see at your new home. The roaches can be living inside the chambers of your homes or can be found in your wardrobes too. They multiply crazily and become extremely annoying when they run around and share your food and space over the coming days. Only safe pest control products can help.
- Rodents – A house that is empty for months is sure to have mice and rodents housing in it. Rats need a cosy place to live in and nothing can be better than an empty house. Things become easier for them when you enter as they get freedom from going out in search of food. Besides this, they have a habit of nibbling your feet. You need to get the best home control products for this.
- Bed Bugs – Bed bugs are another kind of pests than can be found inside creeks and creases of the furniture at home. They are so quick that you can only notice them after you arrange everything and get itchy bites at nights. They are quick reproducers and can become a huge family awaiting to suck your blood. Natural pest control treatment can be the best solution.
- Spiders – An empty home without cobwebs and spiders is something we cannot think about. Spiders are mostly harmless but what if you have a poisonous one residing with you? Besides this, you would not wish to always keep getting rid of cobwebs from your wall corners and window grills.
- Wasps – Wasps in the US come in different kinds and their colonies make your home look pretty old. You need to be careful of their stings if you are moving in with children and pets. Your dogs can get bitten by them very often and this may go unnoticed by you too.
- Mosquitoes – Mosquitoes are found everywhere just like air and water and so are they found in your new home too. Tackling them is very easy if you follow the right household pest control methods, else they could make you fall terribly sick.
Best Natural Pest Control Ideas For You:
- Have a close check before your shift – Do not just look for how good your new home’s interior and infrastructure is. Take a closer look and see if there are any damages caused by pests. The rat holes, bee colonies, and even the hatched eggshells on the window sills can intimate you about the pest infestation. This can help you effectively plan a household pest control before you move into your new home.
- Don’t carry pests from your old home – Your new home may be free from pests, but can soon get infected when you carry them from your old home. Your carpets and furniture can have pests like bed bugs, termites and even roaches and the same can be shifted into your new home along with all the goods. The best way to stop this is to clean your furniture and pest killer products before you stack them in the goods carrier.
- Choose safe pest control products and methods – There may be many chemicals that can kill the pests instantly, but it can harm your pets, kids and even you in the long run. It is always advisable to use some best natural pest control methods and hacks because there are a lot of chemicals and the odour of new pain lingering inside your new home.
- Get an all pest repellent – You will have no clue about the kind of pests dwelling in your new home when you shift there. Some of the pests may be seen while the rest may hide from you. The Bestway to keep your home pest-proof is to get safe pest control products that can repel more than one kind of pests from your home.
- Use non-stain home control products – You would have invested money on the painting and new home decor or furniture for your new home. Why would you let the pest control products stain them and make them look old? Get some good pest control products or choose household pest control techniques that do not stain your space but repel the pests effectively.
- Pest pouches work the best – Pest control pouches can be the best option for you if you are moving into a new space with kids, pets, and old people. The best pest control pouches that you can use are the ones that are made of natural elements and essential oils. These natural pest control pouches serve two of your needs – it keeps the air around you fresh and repels out all the pests. The fragrance of a few essential oils like that of lavender, peppermint, spearmint and more can irritate the pests and repel them without any effort of yours. You can have a pest-free new home with these pouches in each of your rooms.
Implement these ideas and make way for pest-free homes!