There are countless ways to show a friend that you care when they’re going through a hard time. You can listen while they talk about what’s on their mind, help out around the house, or let them know that you are there through words.
Especially with the pandemic in mind, you may not always have the ability to be there face-to-face with a best friend who is going through a rough patch. This means that, whether you’re near or far, a good portion of your communication might be online, over the phone, or even snail mail.
Quotes are an excellent addition to a card or care package you might send a friend from a distance, but they can be used in a number of other ways as well. If you’re looking for quotes for a friend or best friend who is going through a hard time, you’re in the right place. you can also read Savage Captions for Instagram here.
20 Friendship Quotes To Send Your BFF During A Rough Patch
You know your best friend better than almost anyone else; you understand their temperament and what will cheer them up the most. Here are some quotes to choose from:
For when you want to say, “I appreciate our friendship”:
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” – Jenna Evans Welch
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”– Anais Nin
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words.”– George Eliot
For when distance is in the way:
- “I’m always here for you, but sometimes I want nothing more than to be there with you.” – J. Iron Word
- “Distance cannot matter; ours is a friendship of the heart.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “True friends are never apart; maybe in distance, but never in heart.” –Helen Keller
- “We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere.” – Tim McGraw
- “True friends are always together in spirit.”– Lucy Maud Montgomery
For when you want to say “I’m here for you”:
- “May you always know you have my hand to hold.”– JJ Heller
- “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” – Larry King
- “I just hugged you in my thoughts. Hope you felt the squeeze!” – Unknown
For when you want remind your BFF of their strength:
- “I’ve never met a strong person with an easy past.” – Atticus
- “Life is very interesting; in the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” – Henry Rollins
- “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
For when they need a laugh:
- “Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.”– Cookie Monster, Sesame Street
- “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson (bonus points if you attach this one to a care package with their favorite candy)!
- “‘Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected.” – Charles Lamb
Nothing can replace a best friend. Your BFF is sure to find comfort in your words, and when you need help, you know they’ll be there for you just the same. We all go through a rough patch from time to time, and having a support system matters. If you or someone you know is struggling, therapy can help.
Find A Therapist
Are you going through a hard time? Do you need an objective third party to talk to? Whether you’re struggling with friendship, stress, grief, a life transition, or something else that’s on your mind, a therapist can help. There are a number of different ways to find a therapist or counselor.
You can search the web, ask your medical doctor for a referral, check with your insurance company to see who they cover, or sign up for a reputable online therapy platform like BetterHelp. Online therapy is an easy, affordable way to get quality care. No matter how you choose to look for a therapist, you deserve to get the support that you need, so don’t hesitate to take the first step today. Also, read about the sober living homes in San Francisco.