TikTok has more than 2 billion downloads in the world and has 1 billion active monthly users who surf this app regularly. In the last few years, TikTok has been able to dethrone a lot of the social media platforms to rise up the ranks and emerge as one of the most popular applications launched to date. The platform is massively popular among millennials and Gen Z users who are less than 22 years of age.
That is why it has also attracted the interest of several global brands, and they have started to invest in marketing campaigns on TikTok. According to a TikTok marketing report, it can be seen that an average Android user spends at least 13 hours on the app every month.
That is why it is a great opportunity for brands to get access to a huge audience pool who can be the potential customers in the next few years. The huge popularity TikTok has, especially among the young audience, can help any brand to establish a successful business over time.
So, how are the top brands leveraging TikTok in 2021? We’ll talk about it in today’s blog.
Benefits of Using TikTok for Marketing
The benefits of using TikTok for marketing can be really effective for any brand in the market. So, what are the benefits? Let’s find them out –
1. International audience –
TikTok is now usable in more than 150 countries. That is why the audience pool is huge. As a brand, it would be really easy to cultivate this audience and promote your products to them. The presence of an international audience increases your chances to promote your products and services in a more efficient way. So, if you are planning to expand your business in the future, then this is the type of audience you will need later.
2. Attract young customers –
Every brand wants to appeal to the younger sections of society. People who are aged below 22 – 24 years are the biggest customers for several brands. Without their contribution to the revenue, a lot of brands will be out of business. The use of TikTok as a marketing tool can help a brand to attract more millennials and Gen Z users towards the brand. When you can successfully attract young customers, it helps your brand to get much-needed exposure.
3. Videos are effective –
If there is one marketing strategy that skyrocketed in the last few years, it is the use of videos. Yes! Video marketing is the most effective way to promote any brand and the business they deal with. Videos are engaging and entertaining, which makes a person spend more time on your channel and websites. The use of videos in marketing can attract organic traffic to your social platforms. When compared to a normal text, the use of videos are more attractive & appealing to the audience.
4. Easier to connect –
One of the best reasons why brands are leveraging TikTok Marketing is because it is easier to connect with the people. Yes! You can easily connect with your audience by setting up a hashtag challenge, and this is going to increase the engagement rate over time. TikTok is user-friendly, and people here are more than happy to interact with each other. Therefore, when brands can connect to people easily, it helps them to sell their products even more.
5. Huge potential –
Of all the social media platforms that have come up in the last year, nothing has been able to blast off as TikTok did. TikTok has huge potential in the current world. It has more than 1 billion users in the world, and this number is going to rise by significant margins in the near future. Brands are always looking to launch their campaigns on platforms that have the potential to deliver an optimal ROI. With time, TikTok will deliver even more potential to the brands here.
Key Takeaways From TikTok Marketing
- It is seen that 50% of all the top brands in the world don’t have an account on TikTok. Brands like IKEA, Google, Facebook, YouTube, etc., don’t use a TikTok account for promotion.
- More than 90% of all videos that are posted by the top brands have product placement in them. This is what the main idea is all about.
- The brands which have the best performing posts and engagement post at least 3.52 times every week.
- According to TikTok brand marketing reports, it can be seen that a 1% increase in followers count can lead to a 0.65% increase in the overall views per post.
- Music plays an important part in TikTok videos because at least 80% of all the top videos on the platform have music in them. The songs which are used are mostly very mainstream.
- There are several niches that work on TikTok. Food, Gaming, and Tech are the best right now. They can attract the most audience without too much effort.
- The five most popular brands on TikTok are – So Satisfying, Samsung, TikTok, Chevrolet, and Flighthouse. Their average view per post is much higher.
- It has been observed that the majority of the videos have 3 hashtags with them on average. 87.3% of all videos that are on this platform have been incorporated with at least one hashtag.
Final Words –
TikTok is undoubtedly one of the social media platforms that brands are keeping an eye on. With huge YoY growth, this platform delivered a yearly growth of 85% in 2020. This is a massive number, and with the increase in the number of mobile users around the world, TikTok has huge potential left in it.
Its meteoric rise and popularity in more than 150 countries around the world have made it a hot ground for brands to promote themselves.
If you are running a business, then you can also take the help of TikTok Marketing to promote yourself to the people out there. We are quite sure that it will be of great help.