With organizations starting to accelerate again after the strike of the global pandemic in 2021, there are many key performing trends in DevOps culture that are helping organizations to regain the lost path of success. Changing business landscapes and technology patterns are evolving thus leading the DevOps services sector to a great extent.
There is a rise in adapting microservices and SaaS architecture where businesses are seen attaining growth while transforming digitally. DevOps has become crucial than ever before for businesses across the globe. We take you to strive with the trends and predictions that will help your business outsmart competitors in a specialty domain architecture.
DevOps Trends to Watch that will impact the DevOps services Industry in 2021
Here, we are depicting top DevOps trends in 2021 helping popularizing your business strategy in the future from the word GO:
1. Microservices over Monolithic Architecture
The emergence of new-age technologies has fired up the need for the smaller and independently deployable unit to build application software. Microservices is a revolution that is used to overcome the challenges of monolithic architecture. In simple words, Microservice is a service-oriented architectural pattern in DevOps services that can break up monolithic applications into smaller service units. Thus, connecting the individual fragments or units helps in minimising the delivery time for complex applications.
Microservices are a cloud-enabled organizational approach that communicates over well-defined APIs to ease the process of development.
Benefits of Microservices:
- Easy to maintain than Monolithic Applications
- Independently deployable
- Delivering only one business task at a time helps teams to focus more of deliverability
- Easy to manage, test and deploy
- As entire application is loosely coupled, it helps to reduce maintenance cost
- Teams can work without much dependency, thus increasing productivity
- Microservices allows quick adaption of a new feature in an application software development as well as discarding it.
2. Increased Adoption of DevSecOps
Cloud-native security will rise higher on the agenda for those who expecting an accelerating growth of the DevOps industry. An increase in native security controls will enable greater integration with DevSecOps processes and other agile methodologies.
Expeditious digital transformations will lead to faster deployment cycles and end-to-end workspace with a unified experience across the entire software life cycle. As per industry experts, DevSecOps will be at top of every organizations’ transformation module by automating the entire application security program. With continuous security checks, the production of the software not just bring down cyber-risks but also improves efficiency, reducing time-to-market that ultimately stimulating revenue growth.
DevSecOps has been always about injecting safety in the development lifecycle, sending error-free codes to the production unit, reducing any vulnerability and augmenting business value. So, businesses over the coming years will adapt DevSecOps processes to bring enhanced security folios’ to DevOps services.
Benefits of Adopting DevSecOps:
- Minimizes company exposure to the reputational and financial risks delivered by security breaches
- Continuous monitoring of application
- Early detection and mitigation of vulnerabilities
- More secure applications with automated testing
- Better agility
3. Kubernetes on Tooling with DevOps
Cloud-Native and Kubernetes are increasingly becoming an integral part of enterprise IT strategies and are thus also enablers of digital business models. Kubernetes powers building incredibly complex cloud-native infrastructures. More and more software vendors and ISVs are rebuilding their application software on Kubernetes that creates enhanced agility.
It enables organizations to run software more smoothly and securely while transitioning from one environment to another by eliminating manual tasks involved in scaling and deploying software.
Organizations can significantly gain fleeting speed in development, flexibility with Kubernetes features of automation and self-healing during any glitches. In Kubernetes, evaluating all existing data in operation (such as performance, failures or flaws) and transferring them to the control of the container clusters, these worries are also relieved.
Benefits of Kubernetes in DevOps:
- Kubernetes support multiple frameworks
- Enhances agility in software development
- Hassle-free testing and production environment
- Improved scalability
- Optimized patching, updates, and rollbacks to reduce errors
4. Changing DevOps with AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning)
AI and ML bring new automation power to DevOps services. The growing DevOps landscape has been constantly witnessing a rise in artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies. These technologies viably increase the effectiveness in the team’s decision-making process as well as enabling the automated operations and code quality improvement to ease.
AI and ML tools are able to perform automated code reviews and do an analysis of data sets present for each unit during testing and deployments. This will surely reduce human involvement in the development process making applications error-free and with less vulnerabilities. Thus, AI and ML are great solutions to optimize and expedite tedious, error-prone activities during software development.
The seamless integration of such solutions to the existing process will not only realize the value to the software but will eliminate the forms of traditional methodologies that slow down the process in need.
Benefits of AI and ML in DevOps:
- Optimized environment for DevOps
- Improved automation process
- Much shortened releases
- Algorithms can identify root cause analysis of failures based on thought test data
- save a great amount of mean time to resolution
- RPA (robotic process automation): – utilized to automate a lot of manual, time-consuming, error-prone, and hard-to-automate processes
5. Predictive Analysis in DevOps Services and AIOps
Predictive analysis has a huge role in reducing dormancy or lay-offs in DevOps. It provides team with greater insights into available resources for an improved future outcome.
With the power of AI-based operations, teams can focus on determining the service health of their applications and gain control and visibility over their production data.
AIOps not only monitors application’s performance but also leverages the infrastructure as well as service monitoring altogether. It builds a comprehensive layer of production and operational insights that will run on advanced software architecture.
AI based operations help teams to determine the application health and gain insights over the production data with which the DevOps team can hasten the production process with much ease in real-time.
Benefits of Predictive Analytics in DevOps and AIOps are:
- Teams can reduce and often prevent service downtime
- Expedite support ticket resolution
- Analyse large log files more quickly
- Identifying root causes and categories in security, network, servers, etc.
- Better maintenance and support to assets
DevOps services are the best modern day IT solutions for any organization to ease productivity while saving time and expenses. DevOps and human engineering will continue to evolve parallelly while adapting innovating resources, hybrid designs, and multiple integrations with the changing market needs. Also, the inclusion of several cloud management platforms has better controlled the DevOps environment on a large scale.
Testing and deployments have been made easy with the enhancement in security and provisioning data sets at several stages of the development of application software are examples of evolving trends that will make a mark for future outcomes. Organizations who look to build an application platform for their organizational needs must look for DevOps outsourcing as it is considered being budgeted and easy to handle with an efficient team with much repute inexperience.
The in-service capabilities of DevOps services in the cloud-centric digital world would surely create technology milestones in years to come.