You can open any social media app, and sooner or later, you will notice a video that makes you overwhelmed. Right from 3D animations to vibrant colors, there are millions of ways to draw the viewers’ attention.
When you see amazing videos on the internet, you may think that you need to be a savvy video maker to make a video for a brand on Instagram, but that is not true. Editing videos for social media is much simpler than that it seems.
We’ll encompass everything you should know in this post, right from an introductory note to social media video content and how to edit one.
How does social media video help?
Social media are promotional platforms for your business. Whether you are creating something from scratch or editing an existing video, your main aim should be to promote your products and brand. This is why giving a fresh look to your content relevant to the new audiences is vital. You never know, when you might draw the attention of a prospective business client with your video!
Video content is an important part of social media since it is highly visual. There are numerous applications that are fantastic alternatives and solutions to each other for your video content. You require certain tools, including an online video editor and a few tips from people who have done it before.
Speaking of editing videos for social media, the best way to get started is by becoming proactive. It would help if you started thinking about the video you want to create before starting shooting. You can also learn video editing from sites like Udemy, Skillshare and Coursera.
Whether you are working as an in-house video producer or not, planning beforehand for a social media-friendly video before the shoot can save your time. In some cases, circumstances demand you to be a bit more aggressive.
For those situations where you cannot plan, knowing how to edit an existing video, particularly for social media platforms that exist these days, will boost your promotion game. Keeping this in mind, creating videos will be easy and convenient. There are many apps that can assist you in video editing, like Invideo, and work magic with your creativity.
Here are a few tips on how to edit videos for social media
1. Determine your intentions behind editing the videos
If you genuinely want to create brand value and reach out to more and more people, you have to edit your video using an online video editor to propel particular actions.
First of all, you have to consider your marketing goals and how a video on social media can assist. For instance:
- Creating brand awareness: Are you planning to launch a new product? Generate awareness among people with top-quality videos for social mediaas part of your more extensive marketing campaign.
- Enhancing engagement: Social media videos can assist you in assessing and optimizing the engagement of your audience. Create video content types that serve your unique selling point. Know what is funny to your targeted audience. What are they trying to accomplish? What are their biggest challenges? These are all questions you should consider while defining your content and niche that will resonate with your targeted audience.
- Boosting Return On Investment: By pushing people to sign up or registering for something you are offering, you will be able to ascertain the interest and commence building connections with fresh leads and prospective customers. Including videos in your social media strategy to promote an upcoming project can assist in building the hype for the official release of your product or service. Find more ideas about how to start making videos for your business.
2. Commence the video with a zeal
Have I got your attention? Possibly, as you are still reading this post, but if you are not, it may be because I failed to serve what you are looking for. The same principle is also applicable to social media videos. You want to mesmerize your audience visually by offering them something special. There is cutthroat competition for the attention of your viewers, so be sure you do things right by getting straight to the point without long intros.
It is also vital to emphasize just a single message at a time in your social media video. If you have a couple of excellent videos and are confused about which one will work better, compare among them to check which one works best from an audience point of view. The aim is to create enticing content to don’t lose anyone’s attention.
Last but certainly not least, always choose a thumbnail image manually for the platforms that will permit it, such as Instagram and Facebook. Select the most dramatic, visually attractive still from your video to propel clicks.
3. Edit your video by muting
If you are new to this concept of editing videos for social media, then you should be aware of the audio factor. Fortunately, you will commonly find a silent auto-playing video on social media. Even just thinking about creating an enticing video without sound before shooting can make you stay ahead in the competition.
You can eliminate audio from any video when you upload it on Instagram due to the in-built feature of the platform itself, where you have to click on the mute icon to get the sound of the video. This feature is not available on Twitter or Facebook. Hence, make sure to edit your video before uploading it on these platforms. Moreover, keep in mind that on both Instagram and Facebook, videos can run autoplay silently by default.
Are you feeling encouraged? You should be! Think strategically, take matters into your own hands and depend on your social media gut instincts to edit your videos. Like any new skill, there is always space to enhance and grow. So work with an open mindset and welcome feedback from your team. Now you are all set to get out there to promote your lovely video content.